Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our Journey

JP and I met through a mutual friend over the phone. Our first two weeks of dating was spent on the phone talking for hours at a time. We clicked immediately. The chemistry between us was unbelievable! It wasn't working out for him to drive down to Ga. to visit me, so I decided I would drive up to NC to meet him. It was by far the BEST decision I ever made. I got there and originally planned on only being there for two weeks. Well, that changed very quickly. I got there on August 1 and by August 8 he asked me to marry him. Now, I know some of you are probably thinking, "How could you possibly say yes?" But I knew without a shadow of a doubt he was "the one". I was in the kitchen making sweet tea (imagine that), JP came in and was looking at me with his cute little grin. I kept asking him why he was looking at me that way and the next thing I knew he was getting down on one knee. I know to some it may not seem like the most romantic setting, but for me it was magical. He told me how much he loved me and how he never wanted to spend a waking moment without me. So, of course I said "YES!!". The next day he told me he wanted me to quit my job back home and provide for me for the rest of our lives. I quit my job and never looked back. JP then had to go to Va. to check into his new duty station at HMX-1 Presidential Support Squadron. I stayed in NC with his cousin, Travis and his then wife, April. JP would drive down every weekend to spend time with me. We decided to get married on September 1. I drove up to Va. to pick him up and bring him back to NC for that special day. We said "I do" and it was amazing! After that JP continued driving back and forth to NC. I finally got to move up to Va. in the beginning of Oct. That was 4 years ago as of the beginning of this month. Our marriage has been full of up's and down's, but at the end of the day we always made up and fell asleep in each other's arms. I absolutely hate being away from the love of my life. I take it one day at a time. I long to have him back here with us. I miss the everyday things that others consider monotonous. I miss waking up with him before he leaves for work, doing things during the day to keep myself busy until his return. I miss the excitement I feel knowing it's getting closer to him walking in the door to come over and kiss me and our little loves. I miss hearing our boy yell, "Daddy, you're home! I missed you all day!" I miss him coming in the kitchen to help me cook dinner and then sitting down to eat while he tells me about his day. I miss picking at each other and laughing until tears are streaming down our faces. I even miss arguing just to make up. JP and our babies are the GREATEST blessings I could've ever asked for!! I prayed for years for a husband and children to love and I was lucky enough to get them! I don't know what I did to deserve them, but God surely knew what he was doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment