Monday, September 20, 2010

Deployment #2

Deployment is the absolute hardest part of being in love with a Military member. I would not wish this on my worst enemy! Although we have one deployment already under our belts it never gets easier to say "goodbye." I miss my husband terribly, but even as much as that hurts, it hurts more to see our little boy struggle with having his daddy away. I often wonder what is going through his little mind as he watches his rock get on a bus and drive away to be gone for another 7 months. Ethan is very advanced for his age and understands that daddy will be at work for a long time. In fact, the day after JP left Ethan was talking to Vannah and said, "Daddy is at work for a long time, but he loves you very much!" I absolutely broke down at his statement and the love that was portrayed to his little sister. As much as my mother's heart desires to have him understand, I wasn't really sure if it had sunk in for him. Obviously I had nothing to worry about about in that department. Ethan is very dependant on JP. The bond they share touches me in a way that I never knew possible. The adoration Ethan shows towards his daddy is a beautiful thing! JP is the BEST husband and father I could ever ask for. He loves us with a love that is pure and sweet, no strings attached. I say he is Ethan's rock, but in reality he is our family's rock. He is one of the most caring people I have ever met in my life. We are always his first priority in every decision he makes. I am ever thankful to God for bringing this amazing man into my life and allowing me to have the honor of being his wife. I hope and pray for his safe and swift return every second of every day. I also pray for our sweet little boy's heart and that he will always know how very much he is loved. my heart breaks daily as I have to be two parents at the same time. I pray for strength and patience to make it through this trial. It is a daily struggle, but we will get through this just as we got through the last one. JP and I thank all of the friends and family that show their love and support during this time and pray you all know how much we appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment